On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 13:55:48 +0100
Bastien ROUCARIES <roucaries.bast...@gmail.com> wrote:
>If it is GPL-2+ it is not a problem but a few fonts file are released
>under GPL-2 only... It is quite a mess.

 Yes... The best way to solve it is re-license those snippets to more
 permissive license like BSD-3-clause or MIT by Adobe, but it costs for
 them.

>> And, how can I think about fontforge copies snippet to generate those
>> *.pfb files?
>
>Could you modify comment on this code to add some fontforge comment ?
>Like for instance "inserted by  fontforge (debian someversion)". I
>could teach lintian to check if font are regenerated.
>What do you think?

 Probably I can, but is it necessary? Re-licensed to Apache-2.0 code is
 exactly same as previous proprietary one, no changes. Just treat it as
 DFSG-free code is enough, isn't it?

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org