On Thu, 2016-01-07 at 22:46 +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> Marc Haber <mh+debian-de...@zugschlus.de> writes:

> > > I think that your summary is correct, and I am quite sure that it would
> > > be a bad engineering practice to make technical decisions based on
> > > people's emotions.
> >
> > Unfortunately, it's emotions that take vendor decisions. Your attitude
> > is driving big users towards the paid-for Enterprise Linuxes, be it
> > logical or not, be it good engineering or not.
>
> Even if that were true, I fail to understand why we should be worried.

The problem is that with Debian heading down this road, the Debian GNU/Linux
distribution will not exist in 5 years from now. You will make yourselves
extinct due to the competition from commercial alternatives. And it will
definitely not foster new Free Software opportunities. This makes me very sad,
but that maybe is a natural evolution.