Package: wnpp
Severity: normal

Hi,

I recently helped to update Debian packaging for src:courier,
src:courier-authdaemon and src:courier-unicode, and I rewrote most of the
existing packaging.

These packages desperately need a maintainer who is at least running
the Courier IMAP suite himself, as I can only solve generic packaging
bugs, but nothing that requires deeper knowledge of the Courier IMAP
server.

There are some upstream quirks (like having configure.ac in every damn
subdirectory on the planet, so running autoreconf takes aaaaagggeeees,
and it's own view how the filesystem ownership and permissions should
look like), but that's has been already handled and the packages are
not particulary hard to be packaged as of this moment.

There are some issues related to the init scripts (shell scripts
running shell scripts including shell scripts) and writing more stuff
into NEWS.Debian, but those are small things, but they require a
person with live Courier IMAP installation, so he is acustomed how
things are usually done.

Cheers,
Ondrej