On 05/22/2016 07:31 PM, Guillem Jover wrote:
> I've tried to condense this and the other message on the other thread
> to extend the dpkg-buildflags(1) man page.

Great, thanks!

> Attached the patch I'm intending to apply. Let me know if you have
> other suggestions, improvements, wording tweaks, etc.

> +.B \-fPIC
> +Can be linked into any program and shared library.
> +The resulting program might be slightly slower and bigger in case
> +\fBbindnow\fP is not in use.

Well, that is only for the difference between -fPIC and -fPIE,
and TBH, that's not really that relevant. dpkg-buildflags does
discuss the impact of PIE later on (your patch quotes part of
it), so I don't think you need to mention that here, also
because the description is already condensed. So I would
simply remove the sentence "The resulting... not in use.",
otherwise I think your patch looks good.

Regards,
Christian