❦ 17 octobre 2016 16:21 +0100, Ian Campbell <i...@debian.org> :

> TL;DR: Would we now recommend deb.d.o over httpredir.d.o for production
> use e.g. in base images (including for Jessie)?

I get a 404 from time to time. Doing a second apt full-upgrade fixes the
issue. This works far better than httpredir.d.o.

However, this works less reliably than a fixed classic mirror. The speed
varies a lot during the day and I never achieve the speed I get with a
country mirror (I am in Switzerland with a 100M connection). We also saw
that in some part of the world, this is slow as hell (in South Africa
for example).

No perfect solution yet.
Make sure all variables are initialised before use.