On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 at 09:37:52 +0300, Dmitry Bogatov wrote:
> > Minimizing the amount of logic in the
> > actual maintainer script (ideally reduced to just running one helper
> > tool with appropriate arguments), and adding a dependency on the
> > helper tool that has the actual logic, would mitigate this: perhaps
> > that tool could live in the adduser package?
>
> Problem: you can't have asume any tool in post-rm script.

If you aren't doing the delete-on-purge thing any more, but instead
locking the account, does it need to happen in postrm? If you lock the
account in prerm and take no further action in postrm, you can rely on
your package's Depends being satisfied during prerm (strictly speaking
they are only guaranteed to be unpacked, but I suspect that's good enough
for adduser).