Hi all,

Quoting Ian Jackson (2016-11-08 21:48:12)
> Guillem Jover writes ("Re: misleading timestamps in binnmus"):
> > So the actual problem is that the last timestamp gets reused for the
> > binNMUs, which seems totally bogus to me. This needs to be fixed in
> > whatever is injecting the binNMU entries on the buildds.
>
> The same is true for libpython2.7-stdlib.
>
> I've dropped the reproducible-builds list and added
> debian-wb-team@l.d.o in the hope that they may be able to point us in the
> right direction.

it might be sbuild at fault here. Looking at the code that adds the binNMU
entries about here:

http://sources.debian.net/src/sbuild/0.72.0-2/lib/Sbuild/Build.pm/#L2045

It seems that sbuild indeed re-uses the timestamp from the last
debian/changelog entry in the binNMU changelog entry.

Please file a bug report against sbuild with an explanation of what should be
the correct behaviour that sbuild should follow here, i.e. which date should
sbuild put into the binNMU entry and why?

Thanks!

cheers, josch