Hello.

The following packages FTBFS for me randomly. First column is the bug
number, second column is the estimated probability of failure in my
build environment, which is described here:

https://people.debian.org/~sanvila/my-building-environment.txt

Before I ask the Release Managers that they make the bugs at the top
of this list serious again (using some kind of threshold, as discussed
in Bug #844264), I would appreciate if somebody else could double check
that those packages have indeed very flaky tests (or buggy Makefiles,
in some cases).

[ Please report any findings to the nnn...@bugs.debian.org address ].

While I agree that none of those individual bugs is more important
than a bug of "FTBFS-always" type, some packages have a failure ratio
so high that if we accepted that they "build from source" with such a
high failure rate, they would effectively honor policy if we had it
reversed, as in "packages must *not* build from source". I call this
"the FTBFS-randomly Schrödinger paradox".

This is, however, not an invitation for the Release Managers to set
50% of failure rate as the threshold, that would be probably the worst
possible interpretation of "Packages must build from source" (which is
already Release Policy).

The current list:

837067  1.000   libsecret
848063  0.990   ri-li
850282  0.820   influxdb (this one is already serious, thanks Adrian)
854686  0.556   fabric
854494  0.457   execnet
834686  0.440   ruby-httpclient
843038  0.400   elki
842244  0.390   congress
850506  0.327   acorn
850507  0.300   golang-github-tideland-golib
846771  0.292   python-traits
851722  0.288   django-pipeline
842836  0.250   golang-github-mxk-go-flowrate
854496  0.248   python-qtpy
844088  0.230   conversant-disruptor
848055  0.230   golang-github-go-chef-chef
834962  0.210   ruby-diaspora-vines
849217  0.185   jruby
839444  0.183   libgda5
850201  0.160   tendermint-go-flowrate
848054  0.150   debci
853056  0.145   txfixtures
854495  0.143   node-merge-stream
843052  0.140   libterm-filter-perl
852642  0.125   scoop
834959  0.120   golang-goleveldb
850414  0.110   ruby-ftw
832865  0.100   telepathy-python

[ The remaining packages that FTBFS randomly for me do so less than
  10% of the time, but in either case all the figures are approximate ]

Thanks.