On Sat, Aug 05, 2017 at 06:38:15PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > It is the official place to list co-maintainers.
>
> you keep repeating this but its still broken by design.
>
> > > ;tl;dr: I think we need a better system to manage team membership in
> > > Debian.
> > > (Ab)using the uploaders: field gives an estimate or datapoint today, but
> > > we
> > > have other means to gather this data.
> >
> > No, we do not have currently any other means to gather who is considered
> > a team member by a team.
> >
> > And that's the problem.
>
> then it's time to fix this and not hold on to a band-aid solution which causes
> grief.

I guess the problem is that we do not even have a definition what might
be a team member.  Moreover membership is a function of time and thus
requires constant maintenance.  Nobody really wants to maintain this
actively and I have the impression that this fact is quite related that
this discussion is not really fruitful.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--