Hello,

my QA page or our blend's task page (like
https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio-ngs) regularly informs me about
updates that should be performed to packages I alone maintain or (more
likely) with the help of my blend. The updates are often (but now
always, admittedly) easy to do.

I would really like to see updates performed in some automated fashion.
Maybe into a different section of Debian like sid-auto? The problem with
that obviously is the missing scrutiny by the human maintainer, so it
cannot go straight into sid. Or can it? Maybe with an auto-created bug
report against the package so it does not auto-migrate into testing?

A similar situation I see with backports. Most commonly all that is
needed is a recompilation. Would an automation of that process be
acceptable? Would it be acceptable for packages that offer some means of
automated testing and are in backports already?

Many thanks for your opinions

Steffen