On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 02:37:08PM +0500, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 09:42:05AM +0100, Philipp Hahn wrote:
> > we (Univention GmbH) rebuild packages (from Debian-Jessie or newer)
> > using "-j8".
> Is that a dpkg-buildpackage option? It's documented to fail on certain
> packages, you need to use -J instead, and maintainers need to certify that
> a package can be built in parallel by bumping the debhelper compat level
> or passing appropriate flags to debhelper tools.

That is interesting.  I build using gbp/cowbuilder and so I set these
environment variables:

DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="parallel=`nproc`" DH_VERBOSE=1

I was not previously aware of the distinction between -j and -J for
dpkg-buildpackage.  However, looking at the dpkg-buildpackage man page
there does not appear to be a DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS setting to trigger the
use of -J in place of -j.  At least, that is the case on stretch.  Is
there an easy way (preferrably via environment variables) to achieve
that?

Regards,

-Roberto

--