On Fri, Feb 02, 2018 at 06:44:36PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 02, 2018 at 02:29:49AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> > It'd probably make sense to use
> > https://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control#affects for this.
>
> How would that help?

It would at least make it possible to see the pending action that's
relevant to the package in its BTS view, even if you perhaps only see it
too late.  Better than nothing.  Many times I've looked at bugs on a
package that I'm trying to fix in passing, and not noticed that it had a
removal bug either pending or recently processed.  If the BTS doesn't
have that metadata, it can't do anything useful with it.

I think at the moment the "affects" field in a bug's metadata doesn't
cause the maintainer of the affected packages to be copied on mail to
the bug, but it could probably reasonably be changed to do so,
eliminating the occasional problem where one of a package's maintainers
doesn't even realise that the RM bug was filed because they weren't
copied on it; again, only if the BTS has that metadata.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwat...@debian.org]