On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 02:57:59PM +0100, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
Hi Francesco,

I stumbled upon aolserver4 because aolserver4-nsopenssl is bot building
against openssl 1.1 and the former is the only user.
The first upload of aolserver4 4.5.1 was in 2009. I assume that this was
the last release of the server by upstream. The homepage referenced in
the package provides a (port 80 only) redirect to aol.com which does not
mention the server (or I can't find it). The aol.com domain seems to be
served by Apache Traffic Server. I get the feeling that AOL is no longer
looking after its server from the old days.
The popcon for the package is low.

So my question: Can we remove aolserver4 from the archive?

Sebastian

I was meditating to replace Aolserver4 with Naviserver which is a fork
but has has a few incompatibilities in its Tcl API. On those regards Naviserver is in much better state.

https://bitbucket.org/naviserver/naviserver

--
Francesco P. Lovergine