Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist
Owner: Saif Abdul Cassim <>

* Package name    : android-platform-system-extras-ext4utils
  Version         : 1.0.0
  Upstream Author : Hans-Christoph Steiner <>
* URL             :
* License         : Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
  Programming Lang: C
  Description     : this package will contain the necessary tools required to
make android images(.img) with the ext4 file systems and hence replace

I am saif,I am planning to participate in Gsoc 2018 for android sdk development
in debian.
I am very new to open source software so I wanted to get my self familiarized
with the environment
so I saw "android-platform-system-extras package, replacing
android-tools-fsutils package." listed
as a low hanging fruit at So I am
planning to only packing
the ext4_utils of the android-platform-system-extras bundle done by the alioth
So this package aims to replace android-tools-fsutils as this package can prove
the same functionalities as it has the necessary tools to make images of ext4
file systems.

url for the entire

the ext4_utils is licensed under
license-Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License")