On 2018-04-11 10:54 +0200, Philip Hands wrote:

> If one excludes the node packages, the current state of NEW looks rather
> good.  It suggests[2] that the average wait for non-node packages is
> about a fortnight.
>
> This is something for which I think we should be congratulating the
> ftp-masters.

I've put in a few NEW packages recently and I have to say the
processing time currently appears to be the fastest it's ever been in
my 18 years with Debian. 'A few days' is what I've been seeing
typically, and in one case 'about 24 hours'.

Clearly there is an issue with ~150 node packages hanging around for
2-3 months, and I don't know what that's about, but outside that area
I can only say that I find the team to be doing an excellent job.

Slow NEW processing can be frustrating - mostly because you don't know
if it'll be 2 days or 2 months, but on the whole, since a quite bad
period a few years ago, I think we've been doing well.

I reckon that 'more than a month' is when it gets tiresome, although
for difficult/large/controversial packages longer than that may well
be reasonable.

Also, not only do the ftp-masters generally respond quickly - they
also do a thorough job. Twice in the last year I have had things I
missed pointed out, which is excellent - that's the whole point of the
process, and I strive to do better in future.

So yes, thanks FTP-masters - I really do appreciate your
(never-ending!) work.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/