On 05/03/2018 02:09 PM, Julien Aubin wrote:
Hi

Firefox 60esr is due for next week.

As of now Debian Stretch is bound to Firefox ESR 52 which reaches EOL
soon. The problem is that it becomes less and less usable as more and
more extensions are becoming incompatible with it.

On the other hand team mozilla.debian.net clearly states that Firefox
52 is not available on Stretch and all the xul-ext-* packages will
have to be upgraded.

So what's the future of Firefox in stable ? Can we expect to have the
60esr release and if so, when, or will we stick w/ 52esr ? If needed I
can test it alongside upgraded xul-ext packages if you put it in
proposed-updates or on mozilla.debian.net.

debian-devel is the wrong place for your questions.

I expect nothing much different from previous ESR cycles: stretch will move to 60 after 52 goes EOL in September.

Cheers,
Julien