Hello Andreas,

On Tue, Jul 03 2018, Andreas Tille wrote:

> I would love to create a new bug report but this would rather be:
>
>    Provide get-orig-source target if (and only if) uscan would fail.
>
> The previous discussion seem to show a tendency that this bug will be
> at best tagged wontfix which for the moment prevents me from calling
> reportbug right now.

It wouldn't be an immediate wontfix because it is not just a proposal to
revert the change.

An issue with this proposal is that it might suddenly make a lot of
packages buggy that don't provide this facility.  My suggestion to allow
README.source might be a good first step towards what you are
suggesting.

--
Sean Whitton