On Sun, 14 Oct 2018, Andreas Henriksson wrote:

> Please note that sysvinit dependencies still have open RC bugs which
> noone is caring for.

Oof. How do I find them out? The BTS shows no RC bugs, not even
ones tagged as affects src:sysvinit, and the QA page
https://packages.qa.debian.org/s/sysvinit.html also doesn’t.

> imminent removal. So please! Don't wait until you one day wake up to
> that reality! By then it'll be to late to realize everything is actually
> NOT fine. Your complaints will go to deaf ears, because it's been a long
> time coming already.

I cannot do *everything*, mostly because of time constraints
(I can barely keep up with my own projects), but also because
I don’t have those problems people have or stuff works for me
(if it doesn’t, I usually investigate).

I’m, however, willing to have someone who steps up as sysvinit
bug supervisor or triage person, of sorts, throw bugs into my
general direction, so I can see whether I can reproduce or even
fix it.

The QA page says: “The BTS contains patches fixing 49 bugs (63
if counting merged bugs), consider including or untagging them.”
This is indeed a sad state. What does the team “Debian sysvinit
maintainers” say about those? I don’t think that a continuing
growth of NMUs is going to cut it, with this amount of patches.

TIA,
//mirabilos
--
Sometimes they [people] care too much: pretty printers [and syntax highligh-
ting, d.A.] mechanically produce pretty output that accentuates irrelevant