On 11/16/18 3:14 PM, Kentaro Hayashi wrote:
> package repository, sure we can change the project's setting, but
> debian/.gitlab-ci.yml seems to be the proper default setting.

i don't think there is any reason to use a (hidden) dotfile in the
debian/ directory.
the default uses a dotfile in order to not clutter the root directory of
the repository, at least visually (ignoring the fact that the dotfiles
are still pretty much visibly and having the configuration for all those
various CI-services in your root - .gitlab-yi.yml, .travis.yml,
appveyor.yml and what - not is *quite* a clutter).

so if you put the file in the debian/ directory anyhow, i'd just pick a
sensible and visible name, like "debian/salsa-ci.yml"

gfamdsr
IOhannes