fwiw,  our organization doesn't have any debian devs.  We have a few
packages that we develop and deploy
for our internal needs, and make available to the internet with public
repositories.  they are (perhaps not perfectly) debian compliant packages,
but we aren't blessed debian devs (and frankly cannot be bothered to become
them.) (fwiw:
https://launchpad.net/~ssc-hpc-chp-spc/+archive/ubuntu/metpx-daily )

We have been publishing products on launchpad.net for years.  We were able
to do that relatively quickly.  We would love to be able to upstream to
debian, but haven't figured it out.  There is a much higher barrier to
entry.  Our only option at the moment is likely suse build service, but we
haven't bothered to figure that out either... We use ubuntu internally, and
that's enough for internal use, so the others are nice to haves.  for
nearly anything on launchpad, it should be pretty straightforward for adapt
to whatever gets done for debian.  It also provides an intermediate on-ramp
for gettting packages into Debian.

as non-debian devs, something like launchpad looks useful to us.