On 13/04/19 at 09:28 +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi Lucas,
>
> On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 10:20:53AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > TL;DR: see https://trends.debian.net and
> > https://trends.debian.net/#smells
>
> that's beautiful! thank you!
>
> > [4] https://trends.debian.net/smells-dd-list.txt
>
> for me there are two smelly packages, src:tuxtype should use source 3.0
> indeed, but for src:piuparts I really don't see why. Though I would
> quite probably agree that src:piuparts should not be native, and then
> 3.0 would make more sense.

Well you could switch to 3.0 (native). Are there good reasons to stay
with 1.0 for a native package ? Even if I agree that there's probably
not much to gain, there's also even less to lose.

> But you don't consider native packages as smelly, which I think you maybe
> should.

I'm not sure we have ever had a real discussion about that. But yes that
might be true. It would make it easier to expose changes in derivatives.

Lucas