On Tue, Jul 09, 2019 at 12:16:53AM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Jul 07, Jonathan Wiltshire <j...@debian.org> wrote:
>
> >   Q: I already did a binary upload, do I need to do a new (source-only)
> > upload?
> >   A: Yes (preferably with other changes, not just a version bump).
> Is there any good reason why we still do not have an interface to allow
> developers to self-service request a binNMU of a package?
> It would solve this and other problems.

Main reason being trying to get rid of binNMUs, to be replaced by
changelog-only source uploads (for a number of reasons, such as not working
on arch:all packages, fragile wrt dependencies, breaking multiarch when
every arch is not in sync, requiring tricky tracking of rebuilds --
especially for archs in a different wanna-build such as -ports, especially
tricky tracking for unofficial ports, etc).

There's no convenient tooling for sourceful "bin"NMUs yet, but the
maintainer can already do that by hand.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ According to recent spams, "all my email accounts are owned