Hey Yao and Bill

On 2019/08/05 14:31, "Yao Wei (魏銘廷)" wrote:
>> I am not quite sure what it is the reason for this problem.
>> Maybe people use prebuild system images with a pregenerated
>> /etc/popularity-contest.conf file (instead of being generated
>> by popcon postinst).
>
> Could this be caused by Debian-live installer based on Calamares?

Very unlikely, we don't install popularity-contest on live media and
it's not added/removed at any point by Calamares, so essentially when
you install popularity-contest on a calamares-live-installed system,
it's basically the same as installing it on any other type of Debian
system that didn't have it before.

I also just double-checked whether any /etc/popularity-contest.conf
exists on debian live images, and can confirm that it doesn't.

Bill, it might also be a good idea to ask on the debian-derivatives
mailing list, perhaps someone there might know. I don't suppose there's
any server logs with IPs that you can use to deduce from which country
it's coming from?

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage