    >> Mozilla really missed the ball on this one. OpenBSD already made
    >> the necessary changes to Firefox. I think we should, too.

    Holger> agreed.

OK, so, it seems like the way we do things, that's going to be the
firefox maintainer's decision.

I think right now this discussion is drifting away from being
productive.  There's not a clear consensus and people are starting to
repeat each other.
It could be useful if any of a number of things are happen:

* The firefox maintainers pop up and say it is useful to them.  For
  example if they are trying to get additional input to make a
  decision.  (My assumption is that the firefox maintainers have not
  been particularly active in this discussion.  If so, my entire basis
  for this message may be wrong.  In a different worldh I would go check
  and see who all the active firefox maintainers were and see if they
  have been active)

* Someone volunteers to write up the arguments made here as part of a
  bug requesting either no change or some change.  Obviously such a bug
  could point to this discussion and better yet summarize the arguments
  made.

--Sam