    Holger> So to me this is more the consensus of those with the
    Holger> priveledge to read, process and repond to this mailinglist,
    Holger> yet there are many more people packaging software in Debian.

I'd say it is a consensus of those who prioritize participating in this
discussion enough to do so, consented to by the rest of the project.
If we get it sufficiently wrong people in the broader community will let
us know.

Yes, because of privilege some people can prioritize more things
successfully.

    Holger> I'm not sure what to take from this observation.(!) (Because
    Holger> obviously it's good to have this discussion and try to find
    Holger> out what the consensus is on debian-devel@l.d.o.) Maybe just
    Holger> that the information about this discussion happening should
    Holger> be spread to more places and/or maybe rather that this
    Holger> discussions should be given more time.

I think giving things more time makes sense.  Looking at where we are
now, let's try to get a summary of the round 2 discussion out within
October.  Let's try to have the maintainer branch/upstream discussions
in November or December, with the understanding that we may need to
spread things out more given holidays.

    Holger> And then, 'spreading to more places' reminds me of another
    Holger> critisism I have with your reports: they are too long. :-D

What would be more useful than this criticism  is concrete advice on how
I can shorten them while still accomplishing my goals.
--Sam