Sam Hartman dixit:

>depend on non-free software.  Github is a common example of a web
>service that uses non-free software.

So is Salsa. It does not use the packaged version of GitLab,
which is in a sorry state anyway, and not suitable for a stable
release, but the proprietary “open core” versioin from the
GitLab people.

I prefer to not host my packages on Salsa; for this reason, and
because of the experience of having to change all the VCS headers
multiple times, move repos, etc. when using the Debian-provided
hosting platform. I can host very well on my own, using a Free
Software platform.

bye,
//mirabilos
existence.              -- Coywolf Qi Hunt