Am 01.11.19 um 14:55 schrieb Aron Xu:
I'm not implying to remove it altogether, but it could be moved it to
debian-ports, even RPi4 is alreay aarch64 capable.

This is not the question (of course arm64 != armel) and I don't see why a still well maintained and working architecture should move to ports. I'm really happy that even my 10+ years old armv5 based hardware is still supported by Debian, otherwise I had a lot of electronic waste.

The main problem with armel was the support by buildd infrastructure but this is thanks to the effort made by Steve this is no actual problem anymore.

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert