Hello

Upstream of phppgadmin has nice unit tests in its github.com repository, but
they use a .gitattributes file [1] to strip these tests files from the
distributed tar files: All the unit tests are missing from the orig.tar.

I wonder how to proceed:

I don't think there is an option in github.com to ignore the "export-ignore"
in .gitattributes, that would have been perfect in my case.

Ideally, I'd like to generate the orig.tar from a "git clone". But uscan don't
support that.

Debian policy 4.1.4 did remove the get-orig-source target from debian/rules.

I guess I'll go for a manual build of the orig.tar, with a d/README.source. Or
a script. Any better idea?

To make things worse, I think I'll keep the d/watch file so I get warning when
upstream releases a new version. But that's pretty bad because then one has to
be careful not to use uscan! :/

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

[1] https://github.com/phppgadmin/phppgadmin/raw/master/.gitattributes