Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist
Owner: Kevin Van Lierde <kevin.van.lie...@gmail.com>

* Package name    : tuxedo-backlight-control
  Version         : 0.7.0
  Upstream Author : Kevin Van Lierde <kevin.van.lie...@gmail.com>
* URL             : https://github.com/webketje/tuxedo-backlight-control
* License         : MIT
  Programming Lang: Python
  Description     : Minimal Linux distro CLI & UI for TUXEDO / Clevo computers
Keyboard Backlight

Tuxedo Backlight Control is a utility that automates toggling keyboard
backlight state for TUXEDO / Clevo (and rebranded laptops like Sager's, or
System76) computers on Linux.
It provides both a UI widget and a command-line interface (backlight <command>
[options]).
The utility requires the kernel module tuxedo-keyboard
(https://github.com/tuxedocomputers/tuxedo-keyboard) to be installed first.
It can toggle the keyboard backlight off, set any of 7 backlight animation
modes (breathe, cycle, dance, flash, random, tempo, wave) and set a single or
multiple colors in Color (custom) mode.
Available colors are the 16 original 'web-safe' colors (see
https://www.cssportal.com/html-colors/orig-16-colors.php). Additional colors
can be specified by the user.

I develop this widget independently on Github and since it has gained some
traction I would like to provide it directly through the Debian repository.
The Debian binary package is generated with fpm
(https://github.com/jordansissel/fpm) but I am open to improvements, and/or
help setting up a full Debian package with source packages included.
Need to specify that the only computer models on which the functionality is
known to work, are the Clevo N150-ZU / N151-ZU. Given positive feedback by
users I intend to publish a v1 soon.