Severity: wishlist
Owner: Debian Java team <debian-j...@lists.debian.org>

* Package name    : libdsiutils-java
  Version         : 2.6.6
  Upstream Author : Sebastiano Vigna
* URL             : http://dsiutils.di.unimi.it
* License         : LGPL-3
  Programming Lang: Java
  Description     : Java library of statistical and text data handling tools

The library contains:
  - Implementations of pseudorandom number generators;
  - BitVector and its implementations -- a high-performance but flexible set of
  bit vector classes;
  - A it.unimi.dsi.compression package containing codecs for several types of
  encodings;
  - ProgressLogger, a flexible logger with statistics marking the progress of
  the classes that are used and that require hours of computation;
  - ObjectParser, a class making it easy to specify complex objects on the
  command line;
  - MutableString, an alternative to the immutable Java String class;
  - The I/O package, containing fast version of several classes existing in
  java.io, many useful classes to read easily text data
  (e.g., FileLinesCollection), bit streams, classes providing large-size memory
  mapping such as ByteBufferInputStream, and OfflineIterable -- the easy & fast
  way to store large sequences of objects on disk and iterate on them;
  - The it.unimi.dsi.util package, containing pseudorandom number generators,
  tries, immutable prefix maps, Bloom filters, a very comfortable Properties
  class and more;
  - The it.unimi.dsi.stat package, containing a lightweight class for computing
  basic statistics and an arbitrary-precision implementation of the Jackknife
  method;
  - Lots of utility methods in Util;
  - Big versions of I/O and utility classes in it.unimi.dsi.big.io and
  it.unimi.dsi.big.util;
  - The BulletParser, used to parse HTML and XML.

This package is needed as a predependency of igv, which the Debian med team
would like to package out of non-free. I am personnally aiming at this.
The package will be maintained in the Debian Java team.