On Wed, 2020-09-30 at 19:31 +0200, Roland Fehrenbacher wrote:
> a quick question to the list, since I didn't find an answer after a
> significant time of searching:
>
> Is it allowed to have a source package with a build dependency on a
> pkg in non-free (in this particular case nvidia-cuda-toolkit) and
> resulting binary packages to go partly to main and others to contrib?

Policy seems fairly clear here:

"
In addition, the packages in *main*

* must not require or recommend a package outside of *main* for
  compilation or execution (thus, the package must not declare a "Pre-
  Depends", "Depends", "Recommends", "Build-Depends", "Build-Depends-
  Indep", or "Build-Depends-Arch" relationship on a non-*main* package
  unless that package is only listed as a non-default alternative for
  a package in *main*),
"

Regards,

Adam