On Dec 10, Paul Wise <p...@debian.org> wrote:

> Both of these situations sound like things that should get solved by
> rewriting the vendor/O-O-T code and including it in mainline
> Linux/etc, is there any chance of that happening? Or alternatively,
The Fibre Channel drivers ARE all upstreamed, it's just that the inbox
drivers (i.e. distributed with the OS, in vendors speak) are not
qualified to receive support (and may be buggy, even in RHEL).
Storage vendors provide a support matrix with supported releases of the
storage firmware, FC switches firmware, network adapter firmware, OS and
OS driver. Anything else may not receive support.

> for significant future hardware acquisitions, require mainline support
> before purchase.
Obviously, but I am not aware of any such FC/FCoE hardware (not just the
network adapters, but also the storages).

--
ciao,
Marco