On 17.01.21 14:19, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 18:16:04 +0500, Andrey Rahmatullin
> <w...@debian.org> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 11:33:28AM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
>>> My workaround is to plug in a network cable for installation. But
>>> alas, I have up to now been able to avoid hardware without built-in
>>> Ethernet. I guess that many USB Ethernet interfaces will work out of
>>> the box without non-free, right?
>> I think people on Reddit usually recommend USB-tethering the cell phone.
> That works for IP?

I'm not sure what the question here is. You get NAT. You even get NAT to
your WiFi - i.e. you can use it as a glorified USB WiFi device (at least
with Android). I have successfully either fixed or installed Debian
through a cell phone in the past because there was no other way at hand.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern