Le samedi 23 janvier 2021 à 21:22:02+0100, Geert Stappers a écrit :
> On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 04:30:00PM +0100, Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:

> > > This is not about "very recent" hardware, it is really about "most
> > > hardware".

> > > I do identify as somebody sticking to the philosophy of the project,
> > > which is to provide Free Software, as it was understood when I joined
> > > Debian 24 years ago.
> > >
> > > I still believe that advertising CD images which do not work for the
> > > vast majority of our users is self-inflicted harm which does not help
> > > anybody.
> >
> > I understand.
>
> We all understand it.  Okay, most of us understand it.
>

> > But could you maybe consider telling it in a way that doesn't make us
> > look like we want to have a gap between our own members on each and
> > every topic please?
>
> Requests on how to tell about a gap, will NOT close that gap.

The main idea is not to antagonize people because they have different
views.

A gap in opinions is not something to be concerned about. It occurs
regularly and is part of what makes Debian a technically excellent
project. A gap in the community is womething that adds friction,
confrontation, and is in my opinion not good for the project.

How we say things always matter.

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2