On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 12:36:43PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> I agree with you, maintainer scripts should not rely on 'which'
> anymore. However, what about users? 'which' is a standard Unix tool
> since forever, and I expect many users to experience head scratching
> when told it's not cool to use it anymore.
Why is a standard Unix tool since forever shipped by a package called
debianutils, that has a description saying "Miscellaneous utilities
specific to Debian" and "used primarily by the installation scripts of
Debian packages"? Surely a standard Unix tool would, or at least could, be
shipped somewhere else?

--
WBR, wRAR