Sean Whitton <spwhit...@spwhitton.name> writes:
> On Wed 18 Aug 2021 at 11:10AM +02, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

>> This path is used by the multilib 64-bit toolchain on 32-bit
>> architectures, for instance libc6-amd64:i386, or a few essential
>> libraries like ncurses.
>>
>> What kind of fix do you expect on the packages? Is it finally the time
>> to get rid of multilib and use pure multiarch instead?

> We did not intend to make any packages buggy with this change.  It was
> thought to be just a clarification.

> Russ, perhaps we should revert this?

Yes, that was a subtlety that I had completely failed to grasp and didn't
realize this was way the rule was worded the way it was.  Sorry for that
mistake; we should revert it.

If we separately want to drop this in favor of pure multiarch, that's
great and we can always reflect that later, but we shouldn't make that
change based on my mistake in Policy.

--
Russ Allbery (r...@debian.org)              <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>