Le mar. 7 sept. 2021 à 23:01, Paul Wise <p...@debian.org> a écrit :

> On Tue, 2021-09-07 at 10:48 -0500, Zebediah Figura wrote:
>
> > The outstanding problem seems to be more about potentially breaking
> > applications because they see two identically named DLLs loaded in the
> > same process. Applications can and do trawl the internal loader state,
> > although the Win32 loader also exposes some APIs so they don't even have to.
>
> I might be wrong but I got the impression that runtime linker
> namespaces & LD_AUDIT are designed to solve this exact issue.
Yes but it does not work for PE because win native application do
messy stuff with lib loader...

see dll hell for instance.

Spec was wrong for the beginning for PE. And wine does not use the ELF
loader but a homemade PE in order to be bug to bug compatible with
windows.

In the long term implementing a LT_AUDIT in the wine loader will be
worthless, but in the short term elfpatch like approach could work.
Python use it.

Bastien