On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 07:47:47PM +0100, Maxime Lombard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm an user of Debian since 10 years ago and it's only now that i decide to
> help to packaging.
> I send this email about wine and wine-development package which are not
> updated since a very long time.
Normally you should contact the maintainers if you want to help
maintaining some packages.

> Nowadays, the last package of wine-development was uploaded ~6 months ago.
> More bugs report opened the last months have no answer from Maintainer
> (999753, 995580), same thing with vkd3d bug (994186, 993570)
Unless all maintainers are MIA you can't really do anything except making
NMUs for things that are allowed in NMUs, or sending your work to the
maintainers hoping they will use it.
There is also
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#package-salvaging
but I wouldn't recommend it when packages are complex and you don't have
enough experience with packaging and contributing yet. You may be able to
find other would-be-maintainers though.

--
WBR, wRAR