Hi,

On Mon, 24 Jan 2022, Sébastien Delafond wrote:
> However, there's no easy way to identify what are the most popular ideas
> of improvements that Debian ought to make. We know of the
> "grow-your-ideas" project on Salsa, but it's far from exhaustive:

I spent a couple of hours to put my own wishes in the system. If you
support those improvement ideas, please up-vote them:

* Better infrastructure to manage transitions:
  https://salsa.debian.org/debian/grow-your-ideas/-/issues/21

* We should trim the base system to be more container friendly
  https://salsa.debian.org/debian/grow-your-ideas/-/issues/20

* Unified workflow for package review
  https://salsa.debian.org/debian/grow-your-ideas/-/issues/19

* Debian should provide high quality ansible roles (and/or salt formulas, etc.)
  https://salsa.debian.org/debian/grow-your-ideas/-/issues/18

There are certainly more important ideas that are not recorded there
yet but I leave that up to others to file them if they care about
those:

- interactive (read-write) web-frontend for bugs.debian.org

- the Maintainer/Uploaders listing in debian/control should be replaced
  with something more dynamic/fluid, representing better the kind of
  commitments that each of us makes towards a given package (and the kind
  of control that we ask in exchange)

Cheers,
--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀   Raphaël Hertzog <hert...@debian.org>