On Wed, 09 Mar 2022 21:34:33 +0100, Pierre-Elliott Bécue
>Considering many have replied, I'll stick to that one:
>Marc Haber <mh+debian-de...@zugschlus.de> wrote on 08/03/2022 at 17:49:04+0100:
>> (3)
>> #625758
>> --disabled-password just does not set a password for the newly created
>> account (resulting in '*' in shadow) while --disabled-login places a '!'
>> in shadow. On modern systems with PAM, both variants seem to be
>> identical, allowing login via ssh. Aside from the documentation needing
>> change to document reality, should we introduce a --no-set-password
>> option and deprecate the two older options (to be removed in trixie+2)?
>
>How about --disabled-login => shell is set to /usr/sbin/nologin ?

I have noted that as one of the options for my summary. I assume that
in that case, the password should still be * to avoid creating an
active unlocked account with empty password?

Greetings
Marc
Mannheim, Germany  |     Beginning of Wisdom "     |