Le Lundi, Mai 09, 2022 14:32 CEST, Pirate Praveen <prav...@onenetbeyond.org> a
écrit:

> 2022, മേയ് 9 5:33:18 PM IST, Yadd <y...@debian.org>ൽ എഴുതി

> >That's the goal of this discussion ;-) and that's the reason I pushed
> >node-regenerator to experimental.
> >node-regenerator-* were not built from sources. src:node-regenerator builds
> >those 2 packages and provides 2 new ones.

> >There is no major update here, just an update from 0.13 to 0.15 (no changes
> >for regenerator-runtime, little changes for regenerator-transform without
> >any API changes).
> >
> Please at least assume compliance with semver.org which says 0.x version
> indicates development version and there is no guarantee minor versions don't
> break compatibility. So for 0.x version libraries even minor versions should
> be treated similar to major versions. Only when upstream has at least 1.0
> release or higher we can assume backward compatible minor versions.
>
> So please test all reverse (build) dependencies and file bugs if any breaks,
> wait for at least 2 weeks to give time for fixes (or fix them) and then only
> upload to unstable.

As already said, there is no major changes here, and I know what to do to avoid
regressions.
My question is about name conflict :
 * node-regenerator-runtime is provided by :
   - deprecated src:node-regenerator-runtime, badly downloaded from npm
registry instead of real source (and then embeds some already packaged files)
   - new src:node-regenerator
 * same for node-regenerator-transform

Then, after all needed tests and no-regression tests and wait for 2 weeks and
the sacrifice of a goat on a full moon night, what is the way to adopt :
 * wait for ROM-RM of old src packages and then upload new node-regenerator
 * upload new node-regenerator before ROM-RM
 * drop node-regerator and keep those old quick-and-dirty packages