Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist
Owner: Andrea Pappacoda <and...@pappacoda.it>

* Package name    : libspng
  Version         : 0.7.2
  Upstream Author : Randy <randy408 at protonmail dot com>
* URL             : https://libspng.org
* License         : BSD-2-Clause
  Programming Lang: C
  Description     : simple, modern libpng alternative

libspng is a C library for reading and writing Portable Network Graphics
(PNG) format files with a focus on security and ease of use.
.
The simple API allows decoding a PNG file in just a few function calls,
and no raw pointers or callback functions are involved.
.
Following good security practises, code is written according to the rules
of the CERT C Coding Standard. All integer arithmetic is checked for
overflow and all error conditions are handled gracefully. The library
is also continuously fuzzed, scanned by static analyzers and features
over 1000 test cases.

libspng is an interesting alternative to libpng, and it is already packaged by
some other distributions. From a user point of view, I'd be happy to have this
available in my distro's repos. New versions of the dolphin-emu package, not
yet packaged by the Games Team, use libspng.

I'll need a sponsor for the first upload.