Hi Marc,

On 02-01-2023 16:58, Marc Haber wrote:
On Mon, 2 Jan 2023 16:31:17 +0100, Paul Gevers <elb...@debian.org>
wrote:
On 02-01-2023 14:21, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
A user complained that MySQL doesn't work, because it misses the INET6
type that the example settings use.

And is this an absolute must? (It's an example after all?)

It is. We need to stop having "disable IPv6" as measure 1 if something
doesn't work right. It's the default IP protocol for a decade.

Are you saying that MySQL doesn't support IPv6? Or just that the "INET6 type" in the context of MariaDB is a MariaDB specific implementation of something? (Sorry, I didn't investigate and assumed the latter).

Paul