On Tue, May 09, 2023 at 09:30:54AM +0200, Héctor Orón Martínez wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   virtme already exists in Debian, what would be the benefit of virtme-ng
> over virtme?
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian/virtme
>
> Regards

The original virtme project is not maintained anymore
(https://github.com/amluto/virtme), so we decided to fork the project
and continue the development / bug fixing in virtme-ng
(https://github.com/arighi/virtme-ng).

Some people are already using and contributing to virtme-ng and there
are plans to package it in SuSE.

Honestly I don't know what would be the right procedure to "obsolete"
the old virtme package and replace it virtme-ng (if possible), but
ideally it would be nice to do something like this. Any guidance or
suggestion is welcome.

Once we have a package in Debian I can take care of providing a package
also in Ubuntu.

Thanks,
-Andrea