On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 09:04:10PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Based on the analysis to date, we can say there is a lower bound of ~4900
> source packages which will need to be rebuilt for the transition, and an
> upper bound of ~6200.  I believe this is a manageable transition, and
> propose that we proceed with it at the start of the trixie release cycle.

With more progress on making the headers analyzable, the lower bound is now
5063 and the upper bound is 5975 (not counting any entanglement with
lfs-sensitive libraries whose reverse-dependencies also depend on
time_t-sensitive libraries, that's still to be worked out).

In case that gives anyone more confidence in the plan :)

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/
slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org