On 2023-06-19 14:37, Luca Boccassi wrote:
The advantage of doing that is that it's what Ubuntu does IIRC, so
there will be extra pooling&sharing of resources to maintain those
setups, and the road should already be paved for it.

I am not sure if I have seen this play out in practice[1]. Ubuntu^WCanonical has been doing its own development in this space as well with netplan. Ubuntu will continue to do its own fixes to glue things together.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

[1] With notable exceptions like doko maintaining the toolchain - and I'm sure I'm not crediting everyone. But that's also explicit package maintainership.