On 2023-08-10 14:38, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
On 08/08/23 at 10:26 +0200, Helmut Grohne wrote:
Are we ready to call for consensus on dropping the requirement that
`debian/rules clean; dpkg-source -b` shall work or is anyone interested
in sending lots of patches for this?

My reading of the discussion is that there's sufficient interest for
ensuring that building-source-after-successful-binary-build works.

There is a bias asking d-devel@. You'll get people with enough time on their hands to care about this. Nobody ever complained about not being able to build twice in a row for years. We are asking a lot of people to fix problems that don't really exist.

I don't have time to deal with the amount of bug reported against my own packages (most of them with Python) and just having the social pressure to spend time on them make me wonder if I really want to invest time at all. If these bugs become RC, so be it.