On 2023-09-08, Jeremy Stanley <fu...@yuggoth.org> wrote:
> Since Debian's machine-readable format has been around longer than
> either of the newer formats you mentioned, it seems like it would
> make more sense for the tools to incorporate a parser for it rather

I do think that this is another point of "we should kill our babies if
they don't take off". And preferably faster if/when "we lost" the race.

We carried around the debian menu for a decade or so after we failed to
gain traction and people centered on desktop files.

We failed to gain traction on the structure of the copyright file, and
spdx is the one who has won here.

This is just going to be more useless work. Things can more or less the
same, so let's go with the one where we get the least work requirements
in the long run, and not put more resources into the current version.

/Sune