Hi!

I've noticed that the most recent LLMs are actually very good at
finding information, summarizing and giving code examples about Debian
already without extra training. One just needs to double check that
the answer was correct to not fall for when they are simply making up
plausible sounding stuff. However, checking if an answer is correct is
much faster than figuring it out something from scratch.

Anyone can test it for themselves at https://chat.lmsys.org/ - no
registration required, just participate in the research by reading the
replies from two LLMs and telling the leaderboard which reply you
think was better.

Knowing there is so much repetitive petty work involved in Debian
package maintenance that drains a of energy both from current and
aspiring maintainers I have been skimming the README at
https://salsa.debian.org/deeplearning-team/debgpt with high hopes for
DebGPT to evolve over time. It would be great if there was a LLM with
enough logic and context that it could do things like Lintian-brush
(or even go all the way like Janitor and start filing MRs on Salsa for
humans to review/finalize).