Am 01.02.24 um 09:30 schrieb Steve Langasek:

What is the rationale behind rising a bug report at 9:51pm my time and
firing a *direct* NMU upload just 11min later (according to the time stamps
from the emails)?

There are 1200+ source packages that require NMUing and the Debian archive
is a moving target.  In the past 3 days the list of packages requiring
uploads has been regenerated 3 times with changes each time due to archive
removals, new sonames in unstable, etc.  Churning through the list of 1200
packages is at this rate going to take at least a week (after 4 days we've
gotten bugs filed and NMUs to experimental completed for less than 400 of
the 1200 packages).  It is not practical to leave a gap of any significant
length of time between the filing of bugs in patches and the uploads to
experimental.

Then the text of the email that was raised against any package makes no real sense to me. Who should I reach out ASAP? In which time span. No sorry, I can't follow. And I still see no real reason for rushing now anything. We had other similar transitions that worked also without that rather rude behavior to me.

And yes, unstable is a moving target, but that it is for more than 2 decades every day. So that's the normal case.

There will be a pause between the uploads to experimental, and the uploads
to unstable, which gives space for maintainer feedback while we run analysis
against the contents of experimental with regards to usrmerge.

That doesn't really helping me, as this set just pressure on me .
Again, I've nothing against this technically, but the communication about what is happening and why this is happening is terrible as it just doesn't exit to me.

This is an ABI change resulting from a change to compiler flags.  You will
see the diff includes no changes to upstream source.  There is nothing to
forward.

Great, would be good if that was also communicated by the email.

Since this has only been uploaded to experimental, I would expect this does
not interfere with your CVE handling?

Well, not directly, but at a time this all needs to get melt together. And this take time on my side as *I* need then to grab the other things manually to get this into the VCS.

--
Regrads
Carsten